BLURB HERE
Blurb text blurb text.

Ruby Guidara: Dogs, Goats, Horses in Watertown

Posted: March 7th, 2011 | Filed under: dog, feature, good friend, great face, home | 23 Comments »

Ruby Guidara moved to Tennessee from Los Angeles. She wanted land. She wanted children. She wanted lots of animals. She found a farm in Watertown, and began filling it with all of the above. She builds sets, and supplies props for the music and film business in Nashville. Travel from her farm, to downtown Watertown, and you’ll find a large commercial building, packed to the gills, with any kind of crazy prop you’d ever need.

Little Thurman roams the farm and helps with all the goats, horses, dogs, and cats. Watch the video to hear him describe his accident with a horse, when he was two years old. He’s doing just fine now, thank you very much. Big Thurman also owns a farm near Gallatin. Big Thurman was 59 with Little Thurman came along. (Gives me hope). Little Thurman has The Great American Farm Face — what a striking and handsome young man. Big Thurman has The Great American Mustache.

Also, these Great Pyrenees dogs are just amazing. Somehow, they come out of the womb ready to protect goats. It’s buried in their DNA. They’ll follow them around, and then, oddly, just lie down in the field and go to sleep. (See bottom photo, and photo above). As we were leaving that day, this one cat was perched on the stone post that leads up the house. It was regal — almost like those cheesy lion or dog statues that flank driveway entrances on Franklin Road.

23 Comments on “Ruby Guidara: Dogs, Goats, Horses in Watertown”

1. 1 ted g said at 6:13 pm on March 7th, 2011:

amazing. beautiful. gorgeous. you never reply to comments, or maybe rarely — but — are these polaroids or some digital approximation of same?

you rock mr tucker

2. 2 Joseph barnes said at 6:19 pm on March 7th, 2011:

Ruby ruby ruby I’m so excited I found this blog I’ve missed u and think about u often. Little thurmans all grown up. Glad to hear you all r well. We came out to the white elephant a couple weeks ago but no one was there. Stop by and see me when ur in town!

3. 3 Joseph barnes said at 6:21 pm on March 7th, 2011:

P.s. I hit submit to soon these photos are incredible.

4. 4 diana said at 8:10 pm on March 7th, 2011:

thurman and the cat have the same face.

5. 5 Lee said at 8:30 am on March 8th, 2011:

Amazing photos, amazing people!!!

6. 6 fanboy said at 3:35 pm on March 8th, 2011:

The cat picture? UNBELIEVABLE.

7. 7 Anne N. said at 6:21 pm on March 8th, 2011:

You are livin the life – I am jealous, in a good way. Blessings!

8. 8 amy said at 6:50 pm on March 8th, 2011:

I think this is my favorite set so far – possibly the subject matter but of course the images are great also, especially the cat.

9. 9 Virgil M said at 10:35 pm on March 8th, 2011:

Wonderful people, places and superb way of living! And yes, the cat picture is FABULOUS!!!
    Thanks, Mark!

10. 10 Edie said at 11:07 pm on March 8th, 2011:

I want to be them, live there, the whole thing. Beautiful.

11. 11 MarkTucker said at 9:00 am on March 9th, 2011:

NOTE: I never post a comment, but writers who post on the internet laugh and comment how their Stats go thru the roof when they post a picture of a cat. I was purposely going to NOT post that picture of that cat, purely for that reason alone. But it’s funny to me how many people comment not on TBird, but on that cat! Hilarious. I have learned a lesson. I am now announcing my new Blog called “MyDayWithThisCat.com”. -MT

12. 12 anon said at 10:23 am on March 9th, 2011:

Well that cat image is beguiling, but the others are equally impressive, the smoke & tree, the photo of thurman and horse — stunning, poignant, simply beautiful! you’re going to have a show of this stuff in the future, and it’s going to be a nashville happening. this series is all of the work you’ve done in the past on all those roadtrips, done right there at home. congratulations.
    really curious as to what cameras you are using, etc, but i suppose i’d have to ask in a less anonymous way to get a rise out of you…

still, an inspiring series.

13. 13 Angie said at 6:29 pm on March 10th, 2011:

Oh my word these are amazing. I am stunned.

14. 14 Virgil M said at 11:25 pm on March 10th, 2011:

There are pictures of cats and there are pictures of cats, of course. In this case the cat photo is a strong portrait in itself, it has a powerful personality and the menacing frowning you captured makes it worth publishing.

15. 15 ruby said at 9:25 am on March 27th, 2011:

i can only say that it was an amazing honor to be a part of mr. tuckers project. myself and my fellow creatures have been visually captured in a magical moment in time. i will cherish it always.

16. 16 Shari S said at 10:44 pm on March 30th, 2011:

Beautiful photographs! I found this sight because I saw Ruby on American Pickers. I was intrigued by her because I always wanted to be a set designer. Still a dream, but as a single mom with four kids I settled in as an interior designer. Also, my family is from Tennessee (I lived in Nashville as a little girl) and I grew up in California in a family of pickers and antique dealers. The White Elephant Emporium is my Disneyland. Ruby – you’re living the dream!

17. 17 Katona said at 5:49 pm on April 17th, 2011:

Mark,
    Wow, these photos are amazing. They actually brought tears to my eyes.

18. 18 Lisa Y said at 9:54 pm on April 20th, 2011:

I so love Thurman and those pictures. And Little T’s scar healed well. I was at the hospital after his surgery. He’s a strong, cute kid, with great ‘rents.

19. 19 Diane Peachey said at 12:11 pm on April 30th, 2011:

I’m saddened to report that the beautiful Mr. Chivers (the cat) has passed away. Ruby had him for many years and he was an old man, probably around 80 in human years. She found him “sleeping” in the barn yesterday. We suspect a heart attach and that he passed peacefully to the other side. He will be sorely missed by all – especially me, his Nana (Ruby’s mom).

20. 20 Anna W said at 5:52 am on May 2nd, 2011:

Beautiful Mark! I dare say she couldn’t have created this paradise in LA and Middle Tennessee couldn’t do without her. Wonderful pictures of a wonderful woman. Fantastic animals minus one….I do miss Puff Daddy the turkey….

21. 21 Isabeau mcmichael said at 8:46 pm on May 25th, 2011:

These photos are beautiful!!!! Ruby, big T, little T, and the farm are very special to my heart.As a little girl i had many awesome summers at rubys place riding ponies wrangling critters, and just being a kid. It makes smile to see T-bird(my favorite cousin) pick up where i left off. These photos bring back alot of my own happy memories. Thank you!!!:-)

22. 22 Barbara said at 4:59 pm on June 6th, 2011:

I am an old friend of Little Man and I was so impressed with these photos. It is the first time I have seen pictures of Little Thurman… he is stunning….got his daddy’s eyes. I do not know Ruby but she must be one lucky gal to have a friend like Thurman, a son so beautiful and all those animal s on a great piece of land. All my best to the family!

23. 23 Diane Lamb - Cochran said at 5:17 am on July 26th, 2011:

SHELLY!!!! how the hell are you? I think about our time in D.C. often. I tell my kids about our Malboro Man that you used to scared the shitt out of me with. You look beautiful and so does your son, man and farm. I go to Nashville at least 3 times a year would love to come out and visit sometime. email me or find me on Face book.