BLURB HERE
Blurb text blurb text.

Gillian St. Clair: Yoga Teacher and Mom

Posted: March 4th, 2011 | Filed under: feature, great face, yoga | 9 Comments »

My old friend Steve Waterman introduced me to Gillian St. Clair. I had been taking at 12South, but Steve wanted me to meet Gillian and see her studio, in the old Whiteway Cleaners complex on Villa Place. We sat in on a class one day, (and I determined I was nowhere ready for their level). Then I went out to their home, and met Jason her husband, and her daughter Sydelle. I’d also attended Gillian’s Yoga Carnival a few weeks ago.

9 Comments on “Gillian St. Clair: Yoga Teacher and Mom”

1. 1 T. Nelson said at 12:37 am on March 5th, 2011:

I love these photos and video of my niece Gillian and her family. Especially like the black and white shots.

T. Nelson
    San Diego

2. 2 David Maddox said at 7:56 am on March 5th, 2011:

My family is awesome

3. 3 Flo said at 8:10 am on March 5th, 2011:

Amazing photos. An amazing woman.

4. 4 Lindsey Maddox said at 8:15 am on March 5th, 2011:

Beautiful! Love this family!

5. 5 Brooke Shipley said at 2:21 pm on March 5th, 2011:

What?!!! She was/is my favorite yoga teacher in Nashville. I took classes from her YEARS ago at the Y then one day i moved and when I returned she was gone. This is fantastic!

6. 6 brooklyn said at 2:38 pm on March 5th, 2011:

<3!!

7. 7 Lori Miles said at 4:11 pm on March 5th, 2011:

It is easy to fall in love with the practice. You feel so good after savasana, but for me it was not until later that I came to realize what the yoga was doing for my, body, mind, and spirit. Our breath; life force, carries us each day and is our guide for the journey. Much Love to you Gillian and Jason and Sydelle and for all you do. An amazing yoga teacher, an amazing tattoo artist and an amazing little dancer.

8. 8 Barbara Evans said at 8:43 pm on March 5th, 2011:

This is a beautiful family, inside and out. Gillian had an ethereal beauty and exudes composure and peacefulness. Her husband, Jason, is a very gifted tattoo artist. Little Sydelle is already showing a talent for dancing. They are just a lovely family.

9. 9 Tim Babin said at 4:44 am on April 21st, 2011:

Mark,

I see that you had what looked like a tilt/shift lens on the video camera at the end. Was that a lens baby or something?

I am really liking your “A day with…” series. It has given me some ideas.