BLURB HERE
Blurb text blurb text.

Zack Maddox and Booger: Skateboarding fun

Posted: February 27th, 2011 | Filed under: chef, dog, great face, mini-feature | 11 Comments »

This is a crazy story — so last summer, I’m on my road bike, on Russell Street in East Nashville, and out of the corner of my eye, I see this guy on a skateboard round a corner, being pulled by a dog on a rope. I did a double-take, turned around, and tried to catch them. They were gone. Poof. Thin air. Like an apparition. For days after that, I went to every bike shop and skate shop in East Nashville inquiring about this mystery couple. No one knew a thing.

Fast forward to a week ago — I’m in Antioch, photographing Gillian St. Clair and her husband. As I’m packing the car to leave, she casually says, “Oh, you ought to photograph my brother; he has a dog that pulls him on a skateboard”. My jaw dropped. I’d finally found him.

So today, we knocked on the door of Zack Maddox, a chef at The Boundry, and we met his wife Lindsey, and his dog Booger. Booger is a boxer, age ten. Watch the video below, and let Zack tell you how Booger got started in the business. He sees a skateboard, and he goes nuts — grabs the rope in his jaws, and takes off, pulling Zack down the street. Happy as a clam.

Zack also told me about his buddy, who has a Blue Heeler that climbs trees to chase down frisbees. I can’t wait to photograph that.

11 Comments on “Zack Maddox and Booger: Skateboarding fun”

1. 1 mary crow said at 8:55 pm on February 27th, 2011:

that doggie sure gets a good workout!!!

2. 2 Barbara Evans said at 11:01 pm on February 27th, 2011:

What a sweet story. Booger and Zack are so great together. Boxers are a loyal, faithful breed. Looks like Booger found her human counterpart.

3. 3 Theresa Nelson said at 11:03 pm on February 27th, 2011:

Cool video Zack. I enjoyed watching you and Booger dog.

Aunt Theresa

4. 4 Shiloh King said at 7:14 am on February 28th, 2011:

Hey Uncle Zack,
    I just watched the video of you and Booger. When I come to visit with my new dog Phoenix, will you teach us to do that?

5. 5 Brenda Maddox said at 7:25 am on February 28th, 2011:

Nice to see you and Miss BooBoo. She’s looking like she still loves to skate with you. She’s such a happy girl.

6. 6 Neeley Parks said at 9:27 am on February 28th, 2011:

Yay, Zack and Booger!!!

7. 7 Amy Mason said at 12:10 pm on February 28th, 2011:

That was awesome. Go, Zack and Booger!!!!!!

8. 8 Britsy said at 1:28 pm on February 28th, 2011:

wow Zack, that was amazing! So good to “see” you again!

9. 9 Alistair Kerr said at 4:42 am on March 1st, 2011:

I need to get me a dog like that, my old knees just can’t take the punishment when I’m out playing on my longboard!

10. 10 Lisa Y said at 10:22 pm on March 1st, 2011:

Love it! And you choose the perfect ‘theme’ song.

11. 11 Alicante Airport said at 3:29 pm on March 29th, 2011:

I think you may want to add a facebook button to your website. Just marked down the site, however I must do it by hand. Simply my advice.